Phuong Binh
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.
Phuong Binh

Hello and Welcome, Chào mừng các bạn đến với forum Phuongbinh --friendship--phuongbinh

Trang ChínhTrang Chính  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  Tìm kiếmTìm kiếm  Đăng kýĐăng ký  Đăng NhậpĐăng Nhập  
CHÚ Ý: SAU KHI ĐĂNG NHẬP, NẾU BẠN KHÔNG SỬ DỤNG TRANG FORUM NỮA THÌ PHẢI NHỚ BẤM CHỮ Thoat' Ở PHÍA TRÊN DÒNG CHỮ NÀY.
https://phuongle.forumvi.com/forum-f1/topic-t124.htm#370
Latest topics
» pictures
ut Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:07 pm by bcsv

» Recent Pictures
ut Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 am by bcsv

» and Dieu
ut Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 am by bcsv

» Tin nhan'
ut Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:34 am by bcsv

» nhu anh hom truoc
ut Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 pm by bcsv

» anh
ut Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:39 pm by bcsv

» and Dieu
ut Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:39 pm by bcsv

» SỬA MÁY TÍNH , MÁY IN, ĐỔ MỰC MÁY IN TẠI NHÀ HỒ CHÍ MINH
ut Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:31 pm by tuquynh

» Khai giảng lớp luyện thi N2 và N3 tại Trung tâm Nhật Ngữ Top Globis
ut Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 pm by tuquynh

Tìm kiếm

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Diễn Đàn
 Thành viên
 Lý lịch
 Trợ giúp
 Tìm kiếm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

ut

Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

Tổng số bài gửi : 302
Registration date : 10/01/2009

ut Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: ut   ut Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Describe one important activity outside of class that has been an important experience for you, particularly one in which you have played a leadership role. Explain how this activity has helped in your own growth and development (maximum length: one typed page).

Five weekdays, I'm a student, sitting in classes, and trying to comprehend English, math, and science. As a senior, no other moment is as important as when the bell ring that dismisses you from school. Every Friday, I wait for that bell to ring to walk out of school and take on a new role – a teacher.
I was born and raised in a Vietnamese family. I proud of my cultural and traditional value. In my junior year, I decided to help preserve my heritage by volunteer to teach Vietnamese to Vietnamese American children at Magnolia Grove Monastery every weekend. The job offers me a spectacular experience.
It wasn't easy at first. I remembered walking in the class of 15 kids with age from four to ten. Some of them know Vietnamese well, some don't even speak Vietnamese. My first lesson plan was a failure when all of them look at me confusedly about the alphabet that sounded entirely different from English, even though it's composed of same 26 letters. I realized that it's impossible to get their attention if they don't interest in the subject. I took them outside,we made a circle, and I teach them a song. At first, they were shy, until some older kids start to sing, other sing along and heightened the spirit. I let them introduce themselves and we play all the game they like on that first day.
Magnolia village is a beautiful land. I take the kids for walks on meditation walking trail, we explore nature, paint, sing and dance. I skillfully integrate my lesson plans in many activities. The children learn so much every weekend without knowing it. All they know is that we have a lot fun together. I become a little girl again when I solve math by using my fingers, chase after a butterfly, or run with bare feet. My students called me Sister.
I teach the kids more than just Vietnamese. I teach them to share, to be a family, to be mindfulness. They learned about global warming, helping other, and respect their parents.
When the parents observe my class for the first time, I was confident. Until one parent walk up and talk to me in Vietnamese: “ Sister, you did a good job. Tony not only speaks Vietnamese very often at home, sometime, he corrects me and his dad, and other time he reminds us to speak Vietnamese.” (Tony wasn't speak any Vietnamese when he first came in.) That moment, I experienced the greatest sense of accomplishment that I ever felt.
Now Vietnamese class is continues under my instruction. My students can speak and understand advanced Vietnamese terms. They can write letters, diaries, and even poems. Now and then, some parents would stop by to give me some compliments, and share with me the stories of their children's speaking Vietnamese at home. I realized that volunteer to teach Vietnamese is one of the most important decision I made.
When I was selected as reporter of Student Council and President of National Honor Society, or when my counselor congratulate me to become one of the two selected member of Superintendent Youth Leadership Council, I was happy, but this was a different happiness. This time, it's my special accomplishment.
Every weekend at Magnolia Monastery presents opportunities, challenges, and surprises. I learned how to be patient because everything is possible. Now I wouldn't doubt that if I have a dream, I can achieve it if I commit myself to it. At first, I had forgotten how to learn something without an agenda or assessment. All the hard works at school are for my parents' sake, or for my future. The kids bring back moments in my childhood, when everyday at school is a new day to learn and to have fun.

A Personal Statement:
I won a scholarship to attend a Space Camp last summer. One of the most memorable moment at space camp was when I climbed up a fifty-feet tall pole, and despite my fear of height, I stood on top of that pole and jump down in the cheer of my team-mates. The wonderful feeling of accomplishment penetrated me. In high school, I had overcome many obstacles and constantly pushed myself beyond the limit of my ability to reach my goals.
I came from Vietnam at the end of my 8th grade without knowing English. But I did not let any hardships dishearten me from pursuing my dream. By working relentlessly, I became a top five student in my class, and receive awards for my excellence performances in different subject, including English, the language that once was unfamiliar.
Beside mastered all subjects in school, I'm also a members of different clubs, and involved in many extracurricular activities. As a responsible and reliable person, I was elected as reporter for student council, president for National Honor Society, and vice president in Science Club. Holding these leadership position, I truly become a team player.
In my past time, I draw, paint, and play with watercolor. My AP art portfolio scored a five last year. What I'm truly happy is that my art works are sold to support Habitat and Humanity. Using my talent to help other make me feel that I'm a contributer of the society.
Because of my great involvement in my community, I realized that I want to help other people who was unluckily born with genetics disorder. My love and compassion toward other grow with my dream of becoming a geneticist. I love that University of Tennessee at Knoxville offers a great diversity on campus and many study abroad programs. At University of Tennessee, I can pursue my career dream.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
https://phuongle.forumvi.com
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

Tổng số bài gửi : 302
Registration date : 10/01/2009

ut Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: ut   ut Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 4:39 pm

://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/widener3.html
Về Đầu Trang Go down
https://phuongle.forumvi.com