Phuong Binh
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.
Phuong Binh

Hello and Welcome, Chào mừng các bạn đến với forum Phuongbinh --friendship--phuongbinh

Trang ChínhTrang Chính  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  Tìm kiếmTìm kiếm  Đăng kýĐăng ký  Đăng NhậpĐăng Nhập  
CHÚ Ý: SAU KHI ĐĂNG NHẬP, NẾU BẠN KHÔNG SỬ DỤNG TRANG FORUM NỮA THÌ PHẢI NHỚ BẤM CHỮ Thoat' Ở PHÍA TRÊN DÒNG CHỮ NÀY.
https://phuongle.forumvi.com/forum-f1/topic-t124.htm#370
Latest topics
» pictures
PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:07 pm by bcsv

» Recent Pictures
PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 am by bcsv

» and Dieu
PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 am by bcsv

» Tin nhan'
PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:34 am by bcsv

» nhu anh hom truoc
PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 pm by bcsv

» anh
PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:39 pm by bcsv

» and Dieu
PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:39 pm by bcsv

» SỬA MÁY TÍNH , MÁY IN, ĐỔ MỰC MÁY IN TẠI NHÀ HỒ CHÍ MINH
PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:31 pm by tuquynh

» Khai giảng lớp luyện thi N2 và N3 tại Trung tâm Nhật Ngữ Top Globis
PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 pm by tuquynh

Tìm kiếm

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Diễn Đàn
 Thành viên
 Lý lịch
 Trợ giúp
 Tìm kiếm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

PICTURE ME

Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

Tổng số bài gửi : 302
Registration date : 10/01/2009

PICTURE ME Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: PICTURE ME   PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:11 pm

PICTURE ME Dsc07910

PICTURE ME Dsc07610

PICTURE ME Dsc07810

PICTURE ME Photo_10

lol! PICTURE ME Dsc07912

haha, snowing: PICTURE ME Dsc07811affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

HILL HILL HILL : lol! Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball PICTURE ME Dsc07710

Được sửa bởi bcsv ngày Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:31 pm; sửa lần 3.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
https://phuongle.forumvi.com
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

PICTURE ME Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: PICTURE ME   PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:55 am

Why do you want to go to college?

I want to enrich my knowledge, enlarge my vision, and discover my own path. I love genetics since I was in 9th grade and all of my teachers encourage me to pursue my dream of becoming a medical geneticist. I want to earn a college degree to demonstrate my capability and potential.

Why have you selected our college?

My aspiration of becoming a geneticist grow by professor Eric Lander at MIT when I watch his lecture on MIT open course ware. When I looked into the 2009 MIT fact sheet, I was amazed by what MIT offered, from a wide range of academic programs, students organizations, the diversity, and the well rounded group of elite students, I love that MIT is a place where the students are motivated to change the world and the faculty encourages them to make thing happen.

What do you like most about this college?
I haven't have chance to visit MIT campus, but I watch many video and read may comments, review about MIT from MIT students, beside the fabulous academic opportunity that MIT offered, I love the diversity at MIT, most MIT students have to stay in campus for 4 years, so the environments, the vibrant culture of the campus is very important. I'm very excited about the variety of students organizations at MIT from academic to culture to religion, MIT is a very excited place.

Who do you admire the most and why?
I admire several people.
I admire my History teacher, she runs 10 every morning, she expected greatness from herself and her students. I love that she always encourages me to take the path that different from everyone else, and to do the right thing because it the right thing to do.

What do you like to change about your self?
I'm a perfectionist, and that can be one of my weakness that I'm trying to improve. Because being a perfectionist, my expectation about myself and others is very high, and things can be very stressful. And I watch a MIT video, one of the students said that in high school, it's all about getting straight A, but at MIT, it all about trying to pass. But I will do my best.

What is your strongest point?
I believe that a rich or highly educated person only amazing if that person has a warm hear and high contribution to the society. I have compassion toward others, and that is my motivation to become successful and helpful. I put in immense effort to help other and make it a safeguards of my inner composure.

What do you have to offered our college?
Going to Mit is like going to have vacation tomorrow, when you cannot sleep the night before and you keep packing you suitcase. I'm been pack my suitcase with knowledge, experience, intelligent. But I will also bring to MIT my creativity and my immense effort in working with others people to accomplish new things.

Tell me about yourself.
I'm the middle child in my family. Both of my parents wasn't able to finish their college degree, but they work hard so that I can meet my education need. I came to US at the end of my eight grade year when I did not know a word in English. I enjoyed the opportunity to learn and became dedicated to excelling in classroom and outside of school. I'm currently rank first in my senior class of 180 students. I'm President of NHS and serve as officer of 5 others clubs. I attend Magnolia monastery to practice Meditation every sunday where I volunteer to teach vietnamese to Vietnamese American children.

Do you have a special talent or hobbies?
Yes I do, I love drawing and painting. Especially watercolor. My AP art drawing portfolio scored a 5 last year. I won a school art contest in 9th grade, and a regional art contest in 10th grade. I was named Academic all-start last month for my art potential. And I uses my artistic talent in every class.

What is the latest book that you read?
I read serveral books, and one of them is Making PCR, a story of biotecnology written by Paul Rabinow, a a writer and anthropologist at UC-Berkeley. It about the process of develop PCR, polymerase chain reaction, a method for replicating large amounts of DNA from tiny samples of the Cetus coorporation. It's fascinated me with the detail of conflicts that happen between biotechnology companies and the scientist that involve in the process. It took several years for the very small idea to develop and to release it potentials, immense effort was put into it but the result was rewarding. he shared the 1993 Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Michael Smith

Freshman will not declare their major until spring semester. Until then, what are the class they will have to take? And when I look at the degree-granting programs at MIT, genetics is not one providing. Is it belong to another degree like biology? Can you provide me with any helpful information?

I'm an outdoor person, I love running, and riding bicycle. So I don't like cold and rainy weather very much. If I come to MIT, how much of the opportunity I will have to continue with these hobbies of mine?

I did not see any scholarships that provided by MIT on the website? Does MIT provide scholarships to freshman with financial need?

I'm interested in study abroad programs. How long a study abroad program normally is? And do students concentrate on their major when they study abroad or they have choices?

If there is any thing that I said that may be left you wondering, can I go back and clear anything?

Do you have a business card?
What makes this college different from other colleges?
What percentage of freshman return for their sophomore year?
Does the college have a strong and active alumni association?
How accessible is the faculty for individual help?
Is it difficult to change majors or areas of study after the freshman year?

Does the college offer a career planning and placement program and, if so, how does the program work?
What are the most active clubs or student organizations on campus?
How active is the student government association?
Does the college offer scholarships and if so, are they need-based, merit-based, or both?
Về Đầu Trang Go down
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

PICTURE ME Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: PICTURE ME   PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:55 am

Phuong Binh Le Center Hill High School
6300 Sandbourne E, 13250 Kirk Road,
Olive Branch, MS 38654 Olive Branch, MS 38654
Cell: 901-297-8897 GPA: 4.2667
E-mail: le.phuongb@yahoo.com Rank: 1/180

Awards and Honors:
9th Grade (2007-2008)
Certificate of Recognition:
-Academic Excellence
-AP Studio Art
-Perfect Attendance
-Computer Applications
-English 9
-Health
-Keyboarding
-Science Skills
-Outstanding Citizenship

10th Grade (2008-2009)
Certification of Recognition:
-Academic Excellence
-Perfect Attendance
-Citizenship
-World History
-Gifted Art
-Algebra
-English 10
-Biology

11th Grade (2009-2010)
Certificate of Recognition:
-Academic Excellence
-Outstanding Attendance
-MS Governor's School
-Superintendent Youth Leadership
-Citizenship
-Geometry
-Spanish II
-US History
-Algebra II
-English III
-AP art
-AP Biology

Other Awards:
All-American Scholar (10th , 11)
Academic-All-Star in Art (12th )
1st place Super Mustang Weekend Art contest (9th)
2nd place Olive Branch Art contest (10th )

Clubs and Leadership organizations:
National Honor Society:
Leadership position: President (12th )
Activities: Kitchen soup for needy people at Memphis, helping at St. Jude, breakfast with Santa...
Science Club: (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th)
Leadership position: Vice President ( 10th) President (11th, 12th)
Activities highlight: paper recycling, wireless recycling, animal shelters, angle tree…
Award: 1st place Diabetes poster contest
1st place Wireless recycling poster contest
1st place Space Camp contest (scholarship to attend one week Space camp)
Spanish Club: (10th, 11th, 12th)
Leadership position: Reporter (12th )
Activities highlight: teacher appreciation week, Cinco de Mayo fiesta, culture awareness, field trip to Brook Museum…
Student Council: (11th)
Leadership position: reporter
Activities highlight: planning Homecoming week, candy gram, senior kiss goodbye, valentine card for soldier and children…
Interact Club: (11th, 12th)
Leadership position: Board Member (11th)
Activities highlight: 5-k run raised money for Habitat for Humanity, military wall, MS walk, Heifer project, social activities with Palmer Home kids…
Superintendent Youth Leadership Council: (11th, 12th)
Learning objectives: financial management, banking, investment, leadership skills
Activities highlight: meeting with local businessmen, financial literacy for high school students of DeSoto county schools
Major trips: New York city (2010), Washington D.C. (2011)
The National Society of High School Scholar (11th, 12th)
Robotics team (12th )
Additional Information:
Hobbies: reading, writing, painting
Volunteer of Magnolia Meditation Center, Batesville, MS
Friend of First Regional Public Library
Work experience: Nail Salon (8/2009-present)
15-20 Weekly Hours
Responsibility: Customer Service
Experience: running local business, working with clients and customers…

Về Đầu Trang Go down
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

PICTURE ME Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: PICTURE ME   PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:33 am

Question A: what attribute of your personality are you proud most of, and how has it impacted your life so far?

Life is a river on which I'm sailing upstream. My path have been ups and downs, but instead of letting the current push me away, I hold tight my oars -- the courage that keep me going. Born in a Vietnamese village, I longed for an expenditure beyond the horizon. When I got accepted for one of the best middle school in Hue City, I didn't hesitate to attend. I determined to live in a department, and start my journey of independency. Despite the long rides to school, the restless tutoring night, and the tough competition in class, I refused to return to the safe circle of my family. With each failures comes new spirit of working harder and yearning for higher goals. When the flight departed from Saigon to Memphis, I didn't expect the totally new challenges I have to face: the differences in culture and languages. But instead of giving up, I aimed higher. I took a part-time job at a Nail salon, so that I can practice English. In class and at home, I deliberately enrich my skill and quickly surpass my classmates. Looking back, I realized that the certifications of excellence in varied subjects, or the first ranking position in my high school transcript is not enough descriptive in telling my story. I'm a little girl with a mind-set of never, ever being satisfy with my current ability, and a consistent passion of aiming at higher goals. I'm full of courage.

Question B: Describe the world you come from. How has that world shaped your dreams and aspirations?

Stop by the third planed in the Solar System and I will introduce you to my world. This blue planed called Earth is the only planed in Solar System that provides enough light, water, and oxygen to sustain lives of billions creatures. I has been traveled miles to explore it, yet the expenditure is nowhere over. I came to the rice field in Vietnam, and flew over the Pacific ocean. I visited the Mississippi river, watched the crowd in Hollywood, and walked among the pedestrians in Time Square to experienced the greatness of my home and see my world from new perspectives. The great diversity and the splendid cultures on Earth can only be truly appreciated when I travel. None of the places I came across are identical, but when I compassionately observe my world, I see there are many similarities. In the most developed country, there still are beggars on the street, children being abuse, or endless wars for power. My passion awakes one day after I spent time with kids who have genetics disorders. Those children were born with the gene of impairment, but they have no power to change. I was aspired to become a medical geneticist who can make a differences in these children's lives. My world is enormous, and the people who need help are innumerable, thus my dream have to be nurture so that it will not be shake by the obstacles in the path I will take.

Question C: Tell us about the most significant challenge you've faced or something important that didn't go according to plan. How did you manage the situation?

encompass an entire culture

Short Answer A: Tell us about something you do simply for the pleasure of it.
free huge

Short Answer B: which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why?
A-T-C-G is the four-letter alphabet that construct all life form on earth captivated me unexpectedly when I first learn about it in Science Skill class. Throughout my years in high school, I have been nurturing my dream of becoming a medical geneticist. When I watch biology courses at MIT OpenCourseWare, I was amazed at the opportunity the students are getting at MIT. I'm most appeal by UROP, the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program, which gives students the chance to collaborate scientific research in genetics with MIT faculty, students, and professors. This is a step beyond high school that I have been looking for.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

PICTURE ME Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: PICTURE ME   PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:11 pm

today, I want to be a doctor for real
Về Đầu Trang Go down
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

PICTURE ME Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: PICTURE ME   PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:00 pm

Faces horror, violence, and even death, the legendary hero Beowulf shows no hesitation in his quest to rescue the people from the destructive power of the evil force. The epic poem Beowulf is a song that celebrates the life and death of an ancient hero in the hearts of all Anglo-Saxons. What make Beowulf the most significant heroic man of his time? What attributes does Beowulf embodies that the Anglo-Saxons valued? Beowulf himself answers these question through his heroic actions in the tales of his great journey. Strong, brave, and loyal, Beowulf glorifies himself by his victories in battles against the demonic monsters and shows his qualities of a true epic hero in English literature.
One of the most important element that every epic hero exhibits is superhuman strength. Beowulf is an invincible individual who endures great difficulties to overcome the challenges to his might. His first task is to defeat Grendel, the cursed beast who is able to snatch and kill thirty men all at once. This giant monster possesses a horrific power and a solid physical constituent that no sword can penetrate his skin. The fierce power of Grendel is, however, belittled by Beowulf's tremendous strength. Their battle shakes Herot, and when Grendel trembly realizes “that nowhere on earth/ Had he met a man whose hands were harder;” it is too late. In one night, Beowulf kills the beast using his bare hands. When Grendel dies, Beowulf vanquishes Grendel's mother to secure the kingdom of King Hrothgar. The great hero dives into the dark lake of the unknown world, where the absence of human being is replaced by the presence of hungry monsters and demons. He uses a massive magic sword that no ordinary man can lift it up and kills the monster by his single-handed effort. Beowulf's victories intensify the magnitude of his strength. It become evident that he is unmatched by any other man on Earth. The Anglo-Saxon warlike culture valued the superhuman strength that makes Beowulf a dependable leader of the whole society.
The Anglo-Saxons admired not only Beowulf's extraordinary strength but also his bravery. Fighting against Grendel, his mother, and the dragon means death. When Beowulf assures the Danish Queen that his purpose is “ to win the good will/ Of your people or die in battle,” Beowulf knows his fateful decision, but the brave hero firmly declares that he is ready. With his heroic action to protect the people whose lives are in danger, Beowulf demonstrates a tremendous amount of courage. His courage is the true spirit he upholds until his death. The great warrior crosses sea to kill Grendel and jumps into the deep lake to revenge Grendel's monster. Death can snatches him away in any instant, yet he shows no fear. When he fights the monsters and the angry dragon, the great king of the Geats stands firmly with the sword of courage that he carries in his heart.
Blessed with tremendous amount of strength and courage, Beowulf is able to vanquishes the evil power. However, in order to conquer the hearts of all Anglo-Saxons, the legendary warrior must be a loyal leader of his society. Indeed, in every action, Beowulf shows his loyalty to his friends and his people. As a dedicate friend, Beowulf stays by Brecca's side when they dives under the sea. With the menace of Grendel, the kingdom of King Hrothgar becomes vulnerable that Beowulf can easily conquer. However, the young hero honors King Hrothgar and helps the powerless King secure his land. When Beowulf becomes Kings of the Geats, he shows great responsibility toward the safety of his people by facing the angry dragon in. Beowulf dies after the final victory of a fateful battle. In his last words, he tells Wiglaf “ I sold my life/ For this treasure, and I sold it well.” Beowulf makes Wiglaf the next king and requests Wiglaf to lead the Geats in his place. The whole kingdom moans the death of the great king who dies for his people.
In his quest to defeat Grendel, Grendel's mother, and the dragon, Beowulf sustains his strength, courage, and loyalty. In very battles, every obstacle that he faces, Beowulf uphold these three elements that mark him apart from the ordinary people. The tale of an ancient hero Beowulf still echoes is filled by his glories and victories. Beowulf bravely uses his superhuman strength to crush the destructive power and protects everyone faithfully. Beowulf embodies the traits that the Anglo-Saxons valued.

Về Đầu Trang Go down
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

PICTURE ME Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: PICTURE ME   PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Faces horror, violence, and even death, the legendary hero Beowulf shows no hesitation in his quest to rescue people from the destructive power of the evil force. The epic poem Beowulf is a song that celebrates the life and death of an ancient hero in the hearts of all Anglo-Saxons. What make Beowulf the most significant heroic man of his time? What attributes does Beowulf embodies that the Anglo-Saxons valued? The answer lies in Beowulf's heroic actions throughout his legend. Strong, brave, and loyal, Beowulf glorifies himself by his victories in battles against the demonic monsters. He shows the qualities of a true epic hero in English literature.
One of the most important element that every epic hero exhibits is the superhuman strength. Beowulf is an invincible individual who endures great difficulties to overcome the challenges to his might. His first task is to defeat Grendel, the cursed beast who is able to snatch and kill thirty men all at once. This giant monster possesses a solid physical constitution that no sword can penetrate his skin. However, the fierce power of Grendel is belittled by Beowulf's tremendous strength. Their battle shakes Herot, and when Grendel trembly realizes “that nowhere on earth/ Had he met a man whose hands were harder;” it is too late. Using his bare hands, Beowulf kills the fierce monster. When Grendel dies, Beowulf vanquishes Grendel's mother to secure the kingdom of King Hrothgar. Beowulf dives into the dark lake of the unknown world, in the absence of human being and the presence of hungry monsters and demons. Beowulf uses a massive magic sword that no ordinary man handle. By his single-handed effort, he snatches the life out of a malevolent monster. Beowulf's victories intensify the magnitude of his strength. It become evident that he is unmatched by any other man on Earth. With his superhuman strength, Beowulf becomes a dependable leader of the whole Anglo-Saxon society.
The Anglo-Saxons admired Beowulf's extraordinary strength as well as his bravery. Fighting against monsters and dragon, death awaits him in every instant, yet Beowulf shows no fear. When he assures the Danish Queen that his purpose is “to win the good will/ Of your people or die in battle,” Beowulf knows his fateful decision, and the brave hero firmly declares that he is ready. Beowulf's brave action to protect the people whose lives are in danger demonstrates an astounding courage. He upholds a true heroic spirit until his death. The great warrior crosses sea to kill Grendel and jumps into the deep lake to revenge Grendel's mother. The Anglo-Saxons sung the tales of Beowulf whose heart fills with courage.
With a tremendous amount of strength and courage, Beowulf is able to vanquish the evil force. However, to conquer the hearts of all Anglo-Saxons, the legendary warrior must be a loyal leader of his society. Indeed, in every action, Beowulf shows his loyalty to his friends and his people. As a dedicate friend, Beowulf stays by Brecca's side when they dive under the sea. When the menace of Grendel threats the Danish kingdom, Beowulf helps destroy the monster in honor to King Hrothgar. As Beowulf becomes the king of the Geats, he shows a great responsibility toward the safety of his people. He faces the furious dragon and dies after the final victory of a fateful battle. In his last words, he tells Wiglaf “I sold my life/ For this treasure, and I sold it well.” Beowulf's final thought concerns the well-being of his people. He makes Wiglaf the next king and requests Wiglaf to lead the Geats. The whole kingdom moans in the death of the honorable king who dies for his people.
The tale of the ancient hero Beowulf is filled with glories and victories. In very battles that he faces, Beowulf bravely uses his superhuman strength to crush the destructive power and protects everyone faithfully. In his quest to defeat Grendel, Grendel's mother, and the dragon, Beowulf sustains his superhuman strength, courage, and loyalty. The invincible hero upholds three elements that mark him apart from the ordinary people and make him an epic hero of his time. Beowulf embodies the traits that the Anglo-Saxons valued the most.

Về Đầu Trang Go down
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

PICTURE ME Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: PICTURE ME   PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:12 am

Aces horror, violence, and even death, the legendary hero Beowulf shows no hesitation in his quest to rescue people from the destructive power of the evil force. The epic poem Beowulf is a song that celebrates the life and death of an ancient hero in the hearts of all Anglo-Saxons. What make Beowulf the most significant heroic man of his time? What attributes does Beowulf embody that the Anglo-Saxons valued? The answer lies in Beowulf's heroic actions throughout his legend. Strong, brave, and loyal, Beowulf glorifies himself by his victories in battles against the demonic monsters. He shows the qualities of a true epic hero in English literature.
One of the most important elements that every epic hero exhibits is the superhuman strength. Beowulf is an invincible individual who endures great difficulties to overcome the challenges to his might. His first task is to defeat Grendel, the cursed beast who is able to snatch and kill thirty men all at once. This giant monster possesses a solid physical constitution that no sword can penetrate his skin. However, the fierce power of Grendel is belittled by Beowulf's tremendous strength. Their battle shakes Herot, and when Grendel trembly realizes “that nowhere on earth/ had he met a man whose hands were harder;” it is too late. Using his bare hands, Beowulf kills the fierce monster. When Grendel dies, Beowulf vanquishes Grendel's mother to secure the kingdom of King Hrothgar. Beowulf dives into the dark lake of the unknown world, in the absence of human being and the presence of hungry monsters and demons. Beowulf uses a massive magic sword that no ordinary man handles. By his single-handed effort, he snatches the life out of a malevolent monster. Beowulf's victories intensify the magnitude of his strength. It become evident that he is unmatched by any other man on Earth. With his superhuman strength, Beowulf becomes a dependable leader of the whole Anglo-Saxon society.
The Anglo-Saxons admired Beowulf's extraordinary strength as well as his bravery. Fighting against monsters and dragon, death awaits him in every instant, yet Beowulf shows no fear. When he assures the Danish Queen that his purpose is “to win the good will/ of your people or die in battle,” Beowulf knows his fateful decision, and the brave hero firmly declares that he is ready. Beowulf's brave action to protect the people whose lives are in danger demonstrates an astounding courage. He upholds a true heroic spirit until his death. The great warrior crosses sea to kill Grendel and jumps into the deep lake to revenge Grendel's mother. The Anglo-Saxons sung the tales of Beowulf whose heart fills with courage.
With a tremendous amount of strength and courage, Beowulf is able to vanquish the evil force. However, to conquer the hearts of all Anglo-Saxons, the legendary warrior must be a loyal leader of his society. Indeed, in every action, Beowulf shows his loyalty to his friends and his people. As a dedicate friend, Beowulf stays by Brecca's side when they dive under the sea. When the menace of Grendel threats the Danish kingdom, Beowulf helps destroy the monster in honor to King Hrothgar. As Beowulf becomes the king of the Geats, he shows a great responsibility toward the safety of his people. He faces the furious dragon and dies after the final victory of a fateful battle. In his last words, he tells Wiglaf “I sold my life/ for this treasure and I sold it well.” Beowulf's final thought concerns the well-being of his people. He makes Wiglaf the next king and requests Wiglaf to lead the Geats. The whole kingdom moans in the death of the honorable king who dies for his people.
The tale of the ancient hero Beowulf is filled with glories and victories. In very battles that he faces, Beowulf bravely uses his superhuman strength to crush the destructive power and protects everyone faithfully. In his quest to defeat Grendel, Grendel's mother, and the dragon, Beowulf sustains his superhuman strength, courage, and loyalty. The invincible hero upholds three elements that mark him apart from the ordinary people and make him an epic hero of his time. Beowulf embodies the traits that the Anglo-Saxons valued the most.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

PICTURE ME Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: PICTURE ME   PICTURE ME Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:18 am

Facing horror, violence, and even death, the legendary hero Beowulf shows no hesitation in his quest to rescue people from the destructive power of the evil force. The epic poem Beowulf is a song that celebrates the life and death of an ancient hero in the hearts of the Anglo-Saxons. What make Beowulf the most significant heroic man of his time? What attributes does Beowulf embody that the Anglo-Saxons valued? The answer lies in Beowulf's heroic actions throughout his legend. Strong, brave, and loyal, Beowulf glorifies himself by his victories in the battles against the demonic monsters. He shows the qualities of a true epic hero in English literature.
One of the most important element that every epic hero exhibits is a superhuman strength. Beowulf is an invincible man who endures great difficulties to overcome the challenges to his might. His first task is to defeat Grendel, the cursed beast who is able to snatch and kill thirty men all at once. This giant monster possesses a solid physical constitution that no sword can penetrate his skin. However, the fierce power of Grendel is belittled by Beowulf's tremendous strength. Their battle shakes Herot, and when Grendel trembly realizes “that nowhere on earth/ Had he met a man whose hands were harder;” it is too late. Using his bare hands, Beowulf kills Grendel. When Grendel dies, Beowulf vanquishes Grendel's mother to secure the kingdom of King Hrothgar. Beowulf dives into the dark lake of the unknown world, in the absence of human being and the presence of hungry monsters and demons. Beowulf uses a massive magic sword that no ordinary man handles. By his single-handed effort, he snatches the life out of the demonic beast. Beowulf's victories intensify the magnitude of his strength. It becomes evident that he is unmatched by any other man on Earth. With his superhuman strength, Beowulf is a dependable leader of the whole Anglo-Saxon society.
The Anglo-Saxons admired Beowulf's extraordinary strength as well as his bravery. Fighting against monsters and dragon, death awaits him in every instant, yet Beowulf shows no fear. When he assures the Danish Queen that his purpose is “to win the good will/ Of your people or die in battle,” Beowulf knows his fateful decision. Declares that “his heart was firm and his hands/ Ready,” the great warrior crosses sea to kill Grendel and jumps into the deep lake to fight Grendel's mother. Beowulf's brave actions in protecting the people whose lives are in danger demonstrates an astounding courage. He upholds a true heroic spirit until his death after he kills the angry dragon. The bravery that the Anglo-Saxons valued plays an important role in Beowulf's triumphs.
With a tremendous amount of strength and courage, Beowulf is able to vanquish the demonic monsters and the furious dragon. However, to conquer the hearts of all Anglo-Saxons, the legendary warrior must be a loyal leader of his society. Indeed, in every action, Beowulf shows his loyalty to his friends and his people. As a dedicate friend, Beowulf stays by Brecca's side when they dive under the sea. When the menace of Grendel threats the Danish kingdom, Beowulf helps destroy the monster in honor to King Hrothgar. As Beowulf becomes the king of the Geats, he shows a great responsibility toward the safety of his people. He dies after the final victory of a fateful battle against the angry dragon. In his final words, Beowulf reveals his concern to the well-being of the Geats in telling Wiglaf “I sold my life/ For this treasure and I sold it well. Take/ What I leave, Wiglaf, lead my people,” demonstrating the loyalty that prized by the Anglo-Saxons.
The tale of the ancient hero Beowulf is filled with glories and victories. In very battles that he faces, Beowulf bravely uses his superhuman strength to crush the destructive power and protects everyone faithfully. In his quest to defeat Grendel, Grendel's mother, and the dragon, Beowulf sustains his superhuman strength, courage, and loyalty. The invincible hero upholds three elements that mark him apart from any ordinary man and make him an epic hero of his time. Beowulf embodies the three traits that the Anglo-Saxons valued the most.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
Sponsored content

PICTURE ME Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: PICTURE ME   PICTURE ME Icon_minitime

Về Đầu Trang Go down

PICTURE ME
Về Đầu Trang 
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang

Permissions in this forum:Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết
Phuong Binh :: trang viết :: Tranh ảnh, kỉ niệm, tu học-
Chuyển đến