Phuong Binh
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.
Phuong Binh

Hello and Welcome, Chào mừng các bạn đến với forum Phuongbinh --friendship--phuongbinh

Trang ChínhTrang Chính  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  Tìm kiếmTìm kiếm  Đăng kýĐăng ký  Đăng NhậpĐăng Nhập  
CHÚ Ý: SAU KHI ĐĂNG NHẬP, NẾU BẠN KHÔNG SỬ DỤNG TRANG FORUM NỮA THÌ PHẢI NHỚ BẤM CHỮ Thoat' Ở PHÍA TRÊN DÒNG CHỮ NÀY.
https://phuongle.forumvi.com/forum-f1/topic-t124.htm#370
Latest topics
» pictures
Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:07 pm by bcsv

» Recent Pictures
Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 am by bcsv

» and Dieu
Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 am by bcsv

» Tin nhan'
Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:34 am by bcsv

» nhu anh hom truoc
Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 pm by bcsv

» anh
Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:39 pm by bcsv

» and Dieu
Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:39 pm by bcsv

» SỬA MÁY TÍNH , MÁY IN, ĐỔ MỰC MÁY IN TẠI NHÀ HỒ CHÍ MINH
Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:31 pm by tuquynh

» Khai giảng lớp luyện thi N2 và N3 tại Trung tâm Nhật Ngữ Top Globis
Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 pm by tuquynh

Tìm kiếm

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Diễn Đàn
 Thành viên
 Lý lịch
 Trợ giúp
 Tìm kiếm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Nhung bai van

Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

Tổng số bài gửi : 302
Registration date : 10/01/2009

Nhung bai van  Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Nhung bai van    Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:16 pm

“Does America Still Have Heroes?” by Madison Mullen
Bai van duoc giai cua DEMOCRACY VOIC

On June 25, 2009, the “King of Pop,” Michael Jackson, was pronounced dead at the UCLA Medical Center. Over 31 million Americans watched as he was buried on July 7th. Details explaining how and why Michael Jackson passed away swamped the media for weeks. CNN even named him a “national hero.”
Hmmm. Heroism. When I first read this year’s Voice of Democracy theme, I thought “Does America still have heroes? Of course we do!” As Americans, we’re barraged every single day by the media with news, sound bites, highlights, and commentary on the ‘quote’ “Heroes” of today. Considering the media coverage, lucrative dollars we pay our movie actors, musicians, and athletes, one would have to assume they’re our heroes, right?
Now I have to admit, that was my initial reaction. But after turning off the TV, silencing my IPod, logging off of the internet and truly pondering this year’s theme – I’ve reached a different conclusion.
Webster defines a hero as “a person who, in the opinion of others, has distinguishable courage, admiration and has performed a heroic act.” A simple Google search brought up more than 1,000 websites listing similar qualities of a hero. From these sources, I’ve personally adopted the five essential qualities of heroism: service, conviction, selflessness, bravery, and sacrifice – all powerful character traits that capture the true meaning of heroism.
Now, if these are the right qualities, America needs to wake up and seriously re-evaluate who we label as heroes. I’ll give you that Michael Jackson was a multi-talented entertainer, but the media circus following his death made him look like the hero of all heroes. The truth is, he and hundreds of other singers, actors, and athletes simply don’t measure up to these “heroic” standards. Where is the conviction? Where is the selflessness? So, if Michael Jackson, one of the most famous performers of all time, isn’t a true hero, then who is?
First, let’s look in our own communities. I know a local physician who started a non-profit clinic in Honduras to provide free healthcare for the desperately poor. That’s service! Or my friend, a commercial pilot, who left his secure, high-paying pilot position to fly food and necessities into third world countries. That’s selflessness! These men had convictions and made huge sacrifices to make a difference in the lives of others—these men are true heroes.
Now, don’t get me wrong. Heroes can and often do become famous like Neil Armstrong or Martin Luther King, Jr. Their accomplishments are historic and inspire many, but I think that the heroes that touch our hearts and impact us the most are the ones living down the street, working in the cubicle next to you, or in front of you in the drive-thru. We are so blessed to live in a country where anyone can become a hero, where anyone can make a difference, and where anyone can serve their country.That brings us to our final heroes of today – our U.S. military. We currently have so many American servicemen and women serving around the globe, all in the name of justice and freedom. People are aware of their sacrifice and service, but do we truly appreciate their heroism? Not nearly enough.
So back to the original question: does America still have heroes? My answer remains the same, yes! However, they’re not the stars on TV or movies we watch, the true heroes are the people around us who selflessly serve others, make sacrifices with conviction, and even sacrifice their lives – for others.
On that same June 25, 2009 when Michael Jackson passed away, insurgents attacked an outpost in Afghanistan using a small army of explosives. Both Lts. Brian Bradshaw and Aaron Fairbain fought to the very end and gave their lives in service for their country. No headlines, No TV, No web coverage. So despite the crowd at Michael Jackson’s funeral days later chanting “thank you Michael,” wouldn’t it be more appropriate and powerful for all of us to join with Brian and Aaron’s family in prayerfully whispering:”Thank you Brian, thank you Aaron.” Both their Medal of Honor citations called them fearless, daring, and heroic. Yes, America still has Heroes. Thank you.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
https://phuongle.forumvi.com
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

Nhung bai van  Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: Nhung bai van    Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:17 pm

The Last Flood In My Memory. by Phuong Binh Le
bai viet ve lut 1999 cua em duoc giai nhi`

The Perfume River runs through a small village in Hue Province. I grew up in this village and spent my childhood along the riverside. Every year, rainy season comes with storms and floods. In 1999, October arrived with a steady rain for days. For weeks, people listened to the weather channel, spread the news, stored the foods, and cleaned up their houses. On the other hand, kids anticipated the fun when the flood comes. One cloudy morning, the school board announced that schools will be closed. As soon as the good news was delivered to our class, my friends and I jumped to our feet and headed toward the river. We were the luckiest creatures on Earth at that moment. Smiles were on our lips, and happiness filled our hearts.

The Perfume River was angry. Its high tidal waves fiercely pushed each other. The overflowing muddy water wanted to bust and destroy the river banks. However, floods were so common that we almost considered them normal, and the mighty desire of the river to swallow everything was a promising invitation for man, young boys, and girls to go fishing. Various fish filled the nets. Everyone laughed heartedly, seeing the fish hopelessly struggled to escape. Their eyes were wide open with an ugly expression of fear.  

The wind blew, and the thick clouds blanketed the whole sky. The swift water broke the levee and chased people off the river banks. Water glided through bushes and swamped pavements and roads. The fun reached its highest level. My playmates and I run around the neighbor to feel the water on our feet. We folded paper boats to have a race, cached fish with our hands, and splashed water onto each other. The sky in my careless, happy world was always clear until that day. I was six when I first encountered the revelation that flood is a natural disaster. My house was located on top of a high platform. When water flooded our house and covered the furnitures, I knew that homes were inundated by muddy water. 

The wind roared. I felt the unpleasant presence of some mysterious creature in my feet as I was playing with the water around my house. Rain poured down heavily as if all the water from the ocean was dumped on the roofs to destroy all the innocent sentient beings. The vast area was covered by more water than the volume that this flat countryside can handle. In my parents' bedroom, Dad stacked three beds on top of one another for our family to stay on. I spent every second noticing the water level.  It continued to rise at an alarming rate. On that powerless night, a dime light radiated from an old kerosene lamp.It did little to dilute the thick darkness. The wind violently knocked on the glass window. In our back yard, the tallest palm tree lonely endured the mighty rain. 
The uncomfortable feeling in my back woke me up to realize that water had flooded our bed. I saw Dad put on his rain coat and head out the room on his small boat. In the thick air, through the furious groan of the wind and the rain, I heard people cry, scream, and holler. Through the darkness, I can see Mom's worried visage and the wrinkles on her forehead, my sister's twinkling eyes, and my little brother's lovely smile. For every second, I felt that everything was sinking deeper into the muddy ocean. I never felt so sick of the water like that before. Overwhelmed by the anguish of not knowing what will happen to my dad and my neighbors, I struggled like a powerless little fish in a net. I fell asleep. It was a very long and weary night. Sometime later, I felt my dad's kiss on my cheek that warmed and consoled my heavy heart. 

A beam of cheerful light went through the window. When I woke up, the water had secretly withdrawn. I still remember the devastated neighborhood after that worst nightmare. Roofs, doors, and trees were knocked down. Mud piled in layers. For weeks, the news reported the climbing number of the death tolls. I was obsessed by the white clothes, the smell of incense, and the outcry of families at funerals. Our village was not the worst flooded area, but the crops were severely damaged, and the little help from the government wasn't able to ease the huge loss.

I always treasure every moments of my life and have fun in any situation. However, after the devastating flood, things are never the same. Many years later, my friends and I still anticipate the rainy season to go fishing at the river, but we never wish for another influx of water. I stepped a little further into the world of the adults. My heart opened to care more about others.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

Nhung bai van  Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: Nhung bai van    Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:19 pm

BAi viet Ngan xin hoc bong~

My zeal for thriving the intellectual challenges compels me to pursue the study of math and science throughout my high school years. Whether for an assignment in class or for a thought that intrigued me late at night, I engage myself with challenges whenever possible. As an dedicated student with the inclination to seek the new solutions to scientific inquiries, I have been endowed with the inspiration to become a chemical engineer, not only to satisfy my voracious appetite for knowledge, but also to foster my competence to fulfill the needs of the society. My keen interest in mathematics, chemistry, and physics will carry into my studies at the University of Mississippi, where I will devote myself to the pursuit of a degree in chemical engineering.
With the rising earth population, our society faces new global challenges that currently available technologies would be incompetent to solve. Energy crisis, natural disasters, diseases, pollutants are the inevitable problems that will continue to rise. Therefore, I want to focus my attention on the real-world problems and contribute to the fulfillment of green environment, reduce hazardous materials, and revolutionize future energy.
At the University of Mississippi, I will explore the realm of science, adapt theoretical knowledge to practical disciplines, and develop creativity of educational innovation. After become a chemical engineer, I aim to establish an institute of technology and dedicate myself to shape the scientific and technological development to improve the quality of life in United States and the world.
One key challenge in becoming a chemical engineering is the rigorous set of academic requirements coupling with a high tuition. Therefore, the MS Association of School Superintendents Scholarship will be a significant aid to my education. Moreover, I also look forward to the study abroad programs that will provide me the opportunities to exposed myself to the real challenges that the modern engineers are facing, the scientific approaches that they take, and fascinating achievement that chemical engineers around the world had accomplished. I want to use this scholarship to enhanced my studies, so that one day, I can transform my knowledge in chemistry, physics, and mathematics to the applications that have positive change in the world.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

Nhung bai van  Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: Nhung bai van    Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Bai Viet Ngan' cua no

What service/volunteer work/mission trips have you done and why is it important to you?
As a service-minded person, I pursue my happiness by helping others. Ever since I entered an American school, I had been an active member as well as an officer of many organizations. From being the National Honor Society President, Science Club President, and Student council Reporter, to Superintendent's Youth Leadership Council, I am constantly conducting meeting, organizing community service projects, and promoting awareness around my school. I carried out a school-wide recycling activity for four years, conducted a blood drive at my school, and organized a Financial Literacy Day for all high school students. As an Interact Club Reporter, I also involved in the DeSoto Animal Shelter, the Palmer home, Mid-South Food Bank, and many others. For two years, I promoted and participated in the Home-Run 5K to raise money for the Habitat for Humanity, and this year, my school Interact Club won the traveling trophy for collecting the most money of all the DeSoto County high schools. From these accomplishments, I made new friends, developed my confidence, and improved my leadership skills. I realized that the celebration of my life is the fulfillment of a community coming together with a common goal – to create a better world.

What public issues/populations/crises do you care about and how would you want to study and impact those issues during your college experience?

With the rising earth population, our society is facing new global challenges. Diseases, energy crises, and pollutant are among the disastrous problems that I have seen in the past few years. From the earthquake that shook Haiti and the devastated Oil Spill in 2010, to the Tsunami that hit Japan last month, I want to reach out to help remedy the lost. My enthusiasm for helping the less fortunate compels me to pursue a degree in Biochemistry and Pre-med at Rhodes College. I want to study biology, chemistry, and many other subjects to expand my knowledge and explore my opportunities to impact the world. As I completing a huge chapter in my life, beginning another, I want to add to my journey the breath of college experiences: completing a rigorous set of academic requirements, focusing on the real world problems, and seeking the solutions to the challenges that my generation and the future generations have to face. With my knowledge and my confidence, I will dedicate myself to shape scientific and technological developments to improve the quality of life in the United States and the world.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

Nhung bai van  Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: Nhung bai van    Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:20 pm

bai viet ve uoc mo muon lam bac si cua no

MY FUTURE PLAN
Fours years ago, my family moved to the United States from Vietnam. This opportunity was one full of excitement and fear. However, my passion to learn English and be successful in an American school became my top priority. My enthusiasm for intellectual challenges compels me to pursue the study of math and science. Whether for an assignment in class or a thought that intrigues me late at night, I engage myself with challenges whenever possible. Throughout high school, I was endowed with the inspiration to become a doctor, who touches lives through medicine. My keen interest in biology, chemistry, and physics will carry over when I study at Rhodes, where I will devote myself to the pursuit of a degree in molecular biology.
I do not believe in the incurable diseases, so my biggest mission is to prove that I am right. Majoring in molecular biology while participating in Pre-med program at Rhodes College, I will not only take challenging courses to advance my knowledge, but I will also continue volunteering to work with special needs people, reaching out to the community, and fostering my leadership skills. At Rhodes, I plan to engage in a study abroad program and find an internship opportunity at a hospital. After that, I will obtain a PhD degree in and dedicate myself to shape scientific developments to improve the quality of life in the United States and the world.
My mission is to improve the quality of life on earth. I want to contribute to the medical field. I also look forward to cooperative programs which will provide opportunities to expose myself to the real challenges that our health care system is facing and the scientific approaches that we should take. I will devote my time working in the laboratory and at the hospital to innovate new treatments for cancer, diabetes, heart diseases, and genetic disorders.
I want to use this scholarship to enhance my studies, so that one day, I can transform my knowledge in biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics to the applications that will make positive changes in our community, nation, and the world.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
bcsv
Admin
bcsv

Nhung bai van  Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: Nhung bai van    Nhung bai van  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:21 pm

MY FUTURE EDUCATION
Fours years ago, my family moved to the United States from Vietnam. This opportunity was one full of excitement and fear. However, my passion to learn English and be successful in an American school became my top priority. My enthusiasm for intellectual challenges compels me to pursue the study of math and science. Despite the financial difficulties and cultural differences, I strived to become the top student in my class and became an officer of many clubs and organizations. Throughout high school, I was endowed with the inspiration to become a doctor, who touches lives through medicine. My keen interest in biology, chemistry, and physics will carry over when I study at Rhodes College, where I will devote myself to the pursuit of a degree in Molecular Biology. A key challenge of my future education is the rigorous set of academic requirements, coupled with rising tuition cots. I want to use Northwest Mississippi Realtor's Scholarship to enhance my studies, so that one day, I can transform my knowledge to the applications that will make positive changes in our community, nation, and the world. The resolve I have demonstrated in the past qualifies me as the best candidate for this scholarship.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
Sponsored content

Nhung bai van  Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: Nhung bai van    Nhung bai van  Icon_minitime

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Nhung bai van
Về Đầu Trang 
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang

Permissions in this forum:Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết
Phuong Binh :: trang viết :: trang lưu bút-
Chuyển đến